Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Get Your Pimp Shoes On It's The Solid Gold 70s

I was walking out of the Publix Supermarket by my house heading to my truck when i couldn't help but notice that someone had parked this pimpmobile in the handicapped space. Now i had cold stuff in my cart and i needed to get it home quickly, but since im a sucker for classic luxury liners i elected to check this car out more.



It was a 1977 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, painted in a rich gold metallic color, and in pristine condition. Of course it didn't take me long to notice the modifications made to it. One was the hood ornament. Normally the Cadillac crest and olive branches stand proudly over the grille. This car had a more detailed version of what i like to call the "Rocketeer" flying man ornaments which were implimented on pre-post war Cadillacs.

Another noticable mod was the Continental Kit on the rear, which was most likely fake, the real spare being in the trunk. Finally the most noticable mod was the metal Carriage straps on the trunk. I inquired to the driver, who had come out as i was admiring it, about where he got them. He told me he was able to get it from Cadillac as a special extra.


This car was one of the more unique Cadillacs ive seen living in South Florida. And it was my first up close look at a pimpmobile. Heck all it needed was hydraulics and curb feelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment