Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Racing Cars Ain't Just For Racing.

Now im sure you would be as astonished as I was when I saw this car pull in. No, your eyes are not deceiving you. That is a real racing car in a Publix Supermarket parking lot. It IS however street legal, otherwise it wouldn’t be on the road let alone in my lot.


The car is a BMW M3 that has been stripped of every bit of unnecessary weight. The interior has be given most of the diet. Only one seat remains for the driver, while the other seats, carpet and center console are completely missing and replaced with a roll cage.


The engine has been tuned and given a raspy sounding exhaust. It looks the part on the outside as well with the BMW racing stripes and numerous sponsor decals. The owner of the car tells me he does race it at Palm Beach International Raceway from time to time.


This is by far one of the more unique cars I’ve seen in my parking lot. Its also the perfect kind of race car, one that you can drive to the track in, race in, then drive it home or in this case, to get a gallon of milk. Hope he doesn’t break the eggs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment